Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The Fourth Week

Tuesday my Kitchen volunteer cooked her version of 

Goulash
#10 can marinara
#10 can diced tomatoes, 2 other cans, about 20 ounce each
#10 can tomato sauce
4 onions
6 green bell peppers
3lb + elbows
12 lbs ground meat

Not sure how it was cooked or seasonings.

The reason I was not there was to attend class/lunch/and take the exam for Food Safety Manager.
Class was almost 4 hours, the test was almost an hour. 90 questions, you must get 75% to pass. You'd think "oh ya know it or you don't" well, yes I knew it, but they threw questions at me I didn't remember reading in the book or hearing in class. Fingers crossed, I think I did fine.

Wednesday I reheated a pan of left over goulash, boiled 3 dozen eggs, cut 2 honeydews, and

Strata
3 dozen eggs
2 pound ham, diced
1 onion diced
3 dozen corn tortillas sliced into dices
1 package frozen spinach
seasoning
Block of shredded cheese

That took about 30 minutes to assemble, if not more, washing, floating, cracking, scrambling eggs. Took about 2 hours to get to temperature (160 for eggs, 165 for casseroles).

Today. a lady requested personal cooking lessons from me, that will happen after work tomorrow, probably.

Tomorrow will be

Scalloped Potatoes with Spicy Sausage
4 packages sausage, diced
10 pound potatoes, sliced
1 head cabbage, diced
2 onions, diced
salt, pepper, garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment

26:20 and 27:21

26:20 Didn't work, Went to doctors on Monday, hospital to get X-rays, then I lose track of when I filled out the paperwork at the physic...