Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Fifth Week

First of the Month.
I keep forgetting to make less at the beginning - less people are as in need of the meal - of the month.

So first meal was Mexican Ham and Beans
Which I printed a copy of but I guess didn't save lets see if I can remember most of the ingredients diced tomatoes, hominy, pinto, ham, lots of seasoning, onion, zucchini, squash.

There were left overs which we had today, along with some frozen soup someone else made this past weekend, a potato and leek soup! Lots of donated desserts yesterday and today. Also received lettuce and decided to change menu for tomorrow from Sausage Pizza Soup to Sausage Caccitore-sausage, mushroom, potatoes, onion, squash, zucchini, spaghetti sauce. So that I can make a nice chunky hot substance to go with the salad (lettuce, sweet peppers, bacon bits, parm, dressing. Bread on the side of course! We also received a carton of chocolate milk, so that will be a drink option tomorrow.

Still more potatoes, more sweet peppers, lettuce, frozen drinkcicles, ice cream, bananas, whipped topping.

So I actually could have spent today at the not kitchen to get everything done, and to get more other stuff done.

Also, because of how and what the donations are, I think I want to start considering doing two smaller dishes for the same meal, that way my volunteers can have more control if they so wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

26:20 and 27:21

26:20 Didn't work, Went to doctors on Monday, hospital to get X-rays, then I lose track of when I filled out the paperwork at the physic...