Thursday, April 2, 2020

9th week of work, 3rd week operating mobile kitchen during c-19

We had a half case of tomatoes and a bunch of other donated items we needed to get through!

Vegan Minestrone in the Electric Oster Roaster served about 40

oil
30 tomatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
4 celery ribs, diced
1/2 head cabbage, diced
seasoning***
2 small bags of frozen peas and carrots
6 cans/ #10 can of garbanzo beans, drained
2-3 cup veg broth
3-5 small cans tomato sauce

Sautee the first 6 ingredients until nice and soft, crossing up is ok, about 30 minutes on high with lid on.
Open, stir, add rest, stir, bring to a boil with the lid on, cooking all through, about 30-45 minutes.

Nutriplentry rice - 2 packs, precooked and 1/4 heaping cup per serving, minestrone was served on top.

***The current mobile kitchen seasoning donations are as follows, The Kitchen (me) decides what will work in what dish, take your pick:  salt, pepper, hot Chile flakes, brisket rub, no salt fajita mix, roasted garlic, garlic salt, paprika, paprika complete seasoning blend (my secret).

Turkey Cacciatore served about 40

2 onions, diced
5 cans spaghetti sauce
6 cups bone broth
5 pounds cooked, diced turkey, light and dark meat
1 large bag of tube pasta (3lb?), uncooked

Same as above, sautee vegetables, add the rest, heat everyone to boiling, 165 is a good temp, pasta took about 30-45 minutes to cook- we are altitudy, at over 4000 ft.

Turkey BBQ 25, sloppy sandwiches

1/2 head cabbage sliced thin
2 carrot, shredded
5 pounds turkey, precooked, shredded
1 -2 cups bbq sauce
seasoning
broth
thickeners, flour, 2 pieces of bread bun from sandwiches

Did this and Ham and cheese on the side and there was still some cacciatore to give out.
---
Didn't go and pre-buy any thing, usually just shop major once a month. So now about to run out of my normal amount of lysol, and other small cleaning staples.
But, if I had to stay home right, I think we have enough food to hold out a month. I mean the fresh stuff would run out quick but I find the produce section is usually pretty stocked, so if I had to go back in town, I would probably only need that, and want almond milk.

All in all my view, looking at less pollution, people possibly communicating in different ways, new hobbies, skills. I love less people around. It'd be cool if I could buy tp, disinfectant, clothes detergent, alcohol, peroxide, Neosporin, and plain bakers chocolate bars 78%, almond milk, oh and the nestle non-fridge choc syrup.
Things I was able to get a month supply- probably everything we really need, aside from those.
Otherwise the shelves were empty of what I normally buy, oh and no flour (I bought the last 20 lb blue bird flour they had last week because I was out of flour and amazed when I saw shelves getting cleared out of everything, rye, cornmeal...
And today was the first day I got scared- I've been wearing a scarf for 3 weeks, just got a mask yesterday. Guy in front of me in line at the store, 60's-70's, said he thought "everyone was making way too big a deal about this covid19 thing". Fabulous, or as we say here fabulosa. Then I hear my better half witnessed a guy going into veterinary clinic, picking his nose then directly grabbing the door handle. We know this virus will go everywhere, we are waiting for it to arrive here, not trying to be positive, trying to be realistic. It is truly amazing that there can be 5,000 deaths just in our country, and people still think it is no big deal just because it hasn't made it here yet. Scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

26:20 and 27:21

26:20 Didn't work, Went to doctors on Monday, hospital to get X-rays, then I lose track of when I filled out the paperwork at the physic...